As an unspoiled piece of coastal paradise, Ponta do Ouro is a firm favourite for many wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. It’s a tropical escape that offers the blue waters and warm temperatures associated with an endless summer. Sure, you might already be familiar with where we’re situated, but here are a few interesting facts about Ponta:
- It’s located at the southern part of Mozambique, far from any conflict in the North. This makes it a safe place to visit.
- Ponta do Ouro means, “tip of gold,” something we tend to agree with, as it really is our treasure!
- It’s a low-risk Malaria area. This means that you needn’t worry about the risk. However, we do recommend that you pack some mosquito repellants for your own comfort.
- We weren’t kidding about the endless summer… Our average temperature all year round is 28 degrees Celsius.
- Ponta is home to a host of land and sea life. We’re known for our dolphins and the Maputo Elephant reserve is just 50km away from us.
- From October to December each year, a walk along our beaches might feature a turtle laying her eggs in the sand. It’s an unbelievable sighting and something many visitors plan their trip around.
- Our currency is the Metical, but you can pay in rands or dollars if you like and most places have credit card facilities to make your stay a little easier.
- A trip to the market in the early morning means only thing in Ponta… Pao bread. These delicious loaves are baked daily and are best eaten warm with a little butter. Don’t say that we didn’t warn you, they’re addictive.
- Want to say “hello?” try “olá.” Need to say “thank you?” use “obrigado!” Our people are friendly, and always happy to assist visitors.
Why not experience Ponta do Ouro for yourself? Choose between Baleia Vista and Kaya Kweru. Baleia Vista is made up of our permanent, self-catering tents situated in indigenous forests adjacent to the main beach.
Kaya Kweru is our luxury lodge that offers fully catered stays and a host of great amenities. With restaurants on site, you can get a taste of local cuisine and make yourself at home beside our swimming pool.
To find out more about how we could make your stay or special event an unforgettable one, visit our website today. We also offer the added convenience of online bookings! www.stayinmozambique.com
..Pssst! Did you know that we have a competition running? Stand the chance to win a stay for free at #kayakweru. Follow the link for more info – CLICK HERE